In the current COVID-19 pandemic, even at LEVEL 1 please note the following –
- PHONE FIRST for an appointment- do NOT come to the medical centre. We are NOT seeing “walk-in” patients.
- If you have any respiratory symptoms (cold, runny nose, sore throat, cough, fever, shortness of breath) DO NOT come to the medical centre. Even if you have an appointment, phone and cancel – STAY HOME. Tell the receptionist and they will arrange for a GP or nurse to call you to triage your issue.
- At LEVEL 2 or above, PLEASE WEAR A MASK when you visit the practice.
- If you require an appointment that day, we will place you on a phone triage list. A doctor or nurse will phone you back as soon as possible. If they can solve your issue on the phone this will replace a face-to-face appointment – there will still be a charge for this service
- rest assured if you need to see a doctor they will arrange a face-to-face appointment for you – normal charges apply.
- the receptionist may offer you a phone or video consultation. If you think this is suitable for your issue we can book either. There will still be a charge for this service. If you end up having to see the doctor, there may be an additional charge.
- Repeat scripts and scripts – there will be NO collections from the medical centre. All scripts will be sent to a pharmacy where you can collect the medication, or the pharmacy may deliver. Due to the volume of scripts it may take at least 48 hours before your medication is ready. Both the medical centre and the pharmacies are busy.
- Because we are only seeing people by appointment and to protect and rest our team, we will close at 5pm on weekdays.
- We will also be closed on weekends.
- When we are closed, in the event of an emergency call 111. If you require urgent assistance call City Medical 06 835 4999
Standard doctors appointments and general consultations are scheduled for 15 minutes and can deal with one or two problems only. If you think you will need longer, please book a longer appointment; remember that this will generally incur an extra fee. Please be aware if you have booked a 15 minute appointment we may not be able to deal with all of your issues and oftentimes a follow-up appointment is required.
Please note that regrettably we can not see casual patients – our services are for registered patients only.
If you are unable to attend your appointment we ask that you ring and cancel as this enables someone else to take your slot.
If you need to cancel an appointment, please aim to let us know in a reasonable time frame of at least 2 hours. This way we can then offer that appointment slot to another patient.
Regrettably, if you fail to attend an appointment without advising us or cancel with less than 2 hours notice, you may be charged a normal consultation fee.
Likewise if you are late for your appointment, it may not be possible to see you when you finally arrive. This is because the doctor is booked at the later time and already seeing that patient. Sometimes the doctor or nurse may be able to accommodate a late arrival but please do not be offended if they can not. Regrettably you may also be charged for the “missed” appointment because you have denied another patient that appointment time.
Medical procedures for minor surgery, IUCD insertion & removal, insurance medicals and “all over check ups” require at least half hour appointments.
It is your right if you wish to have a support person present at the consultation.
Whilst we make every effort to run to time there are occasions when unexpected emergencies, or a consultation running over time, may cause delays. Naturally we can not predict emergencies, or important health matters causing delays, so please be understanding if the doctor or nurse runs late.
Please note – our new on-line Patient Portal service, Health365 is now available. To contact the Practice on-line please register for Health365 with reception next time you visit. You will then be able to make appointments on-line, order repeat prescriptions, obtain test results, and generally manage your health at your convenience. The Patient Portal service is accessible through http://www.health365.co.nz once you have registered for the service. Each individual will require a personal email address to register for the portal.